Turmeric is taking over the world! As people slowly realize its amazing health benefits, it’s becoming one of the most popular spices for cooking and health supplementation.
But do you know the proper way to ingest it, to make sure your body gets the most from each dose? Here are a few tips to getting the most out of your new turmeric habit:
1. Turmeric is oil soluble, which means that you should mix it with a drop of organic oil for it to be best absorbed into your body’s tissues. Use some organic coconut or olive oil.
2. A teaspoon of turmeric is the recommended daily dose for adults. Take it on a daily basis or at least three times a week. Seniors and children should get half of that amount, at least once a week. If turmeric seems to cause indigestion or any undesired reactions, consult your physician.
3. When combined with black pepper, turmeric gets a power boost! Black pepper increases the bioavailability of turmeric by 2000%.
4. Don’t eat turmeric no an empty stomach.
5. If you have gallstones or a history of them, ask your doctor before adding turmeric to your health regimen.
6. Don’t take turmeric if you’re on blood thinning medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, or warfarin – turmeric is also a blood thinner.
How to Eat Turmeric
Many people enjoy adding turmeric to a glass of warm milk. Alternatively, you can look for turmeric capsules in your health food or supplement store. Perhaps the most easy and delicious way to ingest it is by adding it to all of your favorite recipes when cooking: soup, vegetables, fish and chicken all go great with the spice. Just make sure that you’re buying and taking organic turmeric!