I remember the first time I had my own home (well, it was actually an apartment, but that still counts, okay?), and I recall how tough certain things were. Being a homeowner isn’t easy, so I was more than happy to get any tips as long as it made my life easier. That’s what this list is for, so let’s make life a bit easier.
Here are 30 inventive DIY hacks to better your home:
1. Old door knobs = towel rack
2. Hinged painting = thermostat cover
3. Organize your bracelets by using a paper towel holder
4. Make creative shelving by using old drawers
5. Create a polka-dot stencil by using an old laundry basket
6. Wine rack = towel holder
7. Shoe organizer = pantry organizer
8. Need to hang your ironing board? Try using two coat hangers. It works perfectly.
9. CD organizers aren’t as popular anymore, so they’re cheap, especially if you buy it used. By turning it on its side, you have an affordable, beautiful organizer for your bathroom!
10. Hate your liquid laundry detergents bottle because it’s ugly as sin? Use a stunning drink dispenser as a substitute. It’ll remove that unsightly bottle.
11. Painting tip: Need to do some touch-ups? Put a bit in a baby jar to keep it portable and handy.
12. Two curtain rods > one: An extra rod creates more storage that’s also elegant.
13. Need a smart way to hide your spare key? Put it in a prescription bottle, glue a pine cone to it then bury it. It’ll look like a pine cone on the ground.
14. Don’t like those unappealing whiteboards? Use glass instead. It works perfectly, and you can adapt it to make it match your home.
15. One of the things I hate about deep storage is that everything is level, so you don’t know what’s in the back. Solution: a small shelf. It’ll elevate the things in the back, so you know what’s there.
16. Is your garage really narrow, and you’ve accidentally hit your door off the wall? Buy a foam noodle that’s used for swimming then attach it to the wall. It’ll protect your door.
17. No way to manage your cords? Use a plastic coat hanger. Cheap and easy.
18. This is how you hide your router.
19. Have an indent in your carpet that you can’t remove? Just use an ice cube … seriously.
20. Ever have all those grocery bags because you like to reuse them except your current way of organizing it doesn’t work? Just use a tissue box.
21. Squeegees are one of the best ways to remove pet hair from your carpet.
22. Have a stripped screw? Use a rubber band.
24. You know what’s awful? Rugs that move on hardwood flooring. Help it grip better by using acrylic-latex caulk.
25. Improve organization by using thumbtacks.
26. Improve the lightning in your poorly-lit closet with Christmas lights.
27. By using shower hooks, you keep your jeans more organized, prettier looking, AND more accessible.
28. Letter organizers = best flip flops and flats organizer ever.
29. This is how you wash LEGO:
30. Magnet on the bottom of a hammer = nail holder.
This article was originally published in Diply.